Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pumpkin Muck

It's a Sunday morning and I am not feeling motivated to get anything done at all. :) Although I have a rather short 'to do' list, I think I will leave the bulk of it for tomorrow morning. It is the first cloudy morning since I moved into my new apartment, so perhaps cooler weather is on its way after all. Work has been going well and only four more days til I have company and a three day weekend. :)

I'm preparing to make pumpkin pie filling soon, and I have a question for everyone - Is there something to do with all the muck and seeds inside? Laura's instructions only have me use the actual pumpkin shell, but I seem to remember Grandma keeping the muck for some reason or another. Is there something I should be doing with it??

Thanks!!

3 comments:

  1. I've always just thrown it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should roast the pumpkin seeds. They're delish! It's very easy. Go to a recipe site and they'll have suggestions on what flavors and spices to use and how long to roast. The hard part is seperateing the seeds from the muck and drying them off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, interesting. Perhaps it was just a ploy to get me to stop playing it in ("Caitlin, get your fingers out of the goo - Grandma needs to put it away for cooking now....").

    :)

    ReplyDelete