Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy (Early) Halloween!!!

I just got off the phone with Jill, Gord, Amanda and Sean who were getting ready for the best fundraiser of the year - complete with Halloween costumes! (My dance moves and Gordon's ability to down shooters of green alcohol at last year's fundraiser were legendary! I can only imagine what this year will bring.) It was SO wonderful hearing familiar, lovable voices! I've been very busy these last few days, so I'm sorry for being delinquent in the communication department. The good news is!: I moved into my new apartment!!! I did the hard work of lugging everything up the stairs (haha.... yes, I live on the third floor AGAIN - I can't get enough of it)yesterday, and have been having a good today organizing and decorating... And laughing at the random assortment of things I brought down versus those things I decided not to pack: a hammer, but no nails; a bean bag chair, but no insides to fill it; a broken chair, but no glue to fix it. So... I'm currently leaning against a bean bag filled with pillows since I, for some reason, thought I'd need five throw pillows and five full size pillows while I'm down here.... ??? (Never pack under stress - it comes out all mashed up in the worst of ways.)

Work continues to go well. The weather has been scorching, though, so I've been guzzling more water than I ever thought was possible. I live about three minutes (driving) from work now, so the extra sleep is fantastic. I'm still exploring/learning about my new apartment complex (don't know where the laundry room is... but it'll turn up somewhere), but it comes with a lot of perks, like a fitness room and WiFi.

Here are some more pictures for you to enjoy. Oh, and thanks for all your comments - I miss you all and love hearing from you!

P.S. If you haven't voted on my poll yet, DO IT NOW.

And lastly, I'll leave you with today's personalized license plate: B FLYE

(The top photo is the view of the Catalina Mountains from my bedroom window. The apartment is long and skinny, so you can see the front door through the hallway in the photo taken from the bedroom. The kitchen is closest to the living room, and the bathroom follows on the way to the bedroom in the back - shower and toilet on one side and sink/mirror on the other - I actually like it quite a bit.)





YES - TWO closets! A girl's dream. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Cait! We had the BEST time last night! We went with Sean & Amanda, John & Leah, Megan, and Betty & Lauren (now officially a couple). We borrowed the Kimsey's minivan and John was our DD and he drove us around and generally took care of us. He was dressed as a mummy, so we took to calling him our "soccer mummy".

    We danced like crazy!! I missed you SOOO much! Everyone kept saying, "I wish Caitlin was here, she would have LOVED this!" Even Gordon was like, "Huh, I didn't realize I was going to miss her so much!" It was tons of fun. No roller girls this year, but we went to some crazy afterparty at a Grange Hall in the middle of nowhere and danced until 2am, so that was pretty awesome. I rarely, if ever, left the dancefloor, so I am pretty sore today, but it's so worth it. I hope you dance soon, even if it's just all around your new apartment. : )
    Love you!
    PS: I made some bids at the silent auction, of course. And I came home with a gift certificate to Lady Luck Tattoo! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cait! Your aparment looks sweet! Wish you could have been there last night, wasn't the same without you! Plus we all could have used your expert make up advice :) Pics are up on Facebook! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you guys!!! YESSS! Way to dance your asses off! And I'm WAY jealous (and proud!) of your gift certificate! You guys rock my world! Oh, how I wish I had been there! (Loved the 'soccer mummy' bit!) Well... yes, actually, I just got done dancing around the apartment some. Rough day today so far: Worked 5.5 hours, sat in the sun by a pool, now checking the internet for free. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! I love love the view!

    ReplyDelete